Orbit Fab is looking for an exceptional relationship builder to lead the company’s business development activities. Reporting into the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the VP of Business Development will build and lead a team responsible for creating customer solutions and fostering partner relationships across the full supply chain for on-orbit propellant and associated products, services and applications.
Responsibilities will span all aspects of building and maintaining customer and partner relationships to drive the adoption of new products and services.
• Hire and motivate the marketing and business development teams.
• In early phases, work hands-on with a small team to develop customer solutions and proposals.
• Lead business development and activities including presenting the company’s products.
• Cultivate relationships with economic and technical buyers.
• Build, influence, write and win consortium funding proposals, from ground-up.
• Define and implement a product roadmap, customer engagement and partnerships strategies.
• Lead and ensure customer engagement processes are followed, measured and properly represented to the management team.
• Support requirements definition and architecture design and validation.
• Manage business and program risks in a timely-fashion.
• Contribute to an IP strategy to secure a competitive advantage.
• Any other tasks as needed to support operations of an early-stage startup company.