Orbit Fab is looking for an exceptional senior spacecraft engineer to lead the company’s engineering activities. Reporting into the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the Chief Engineer will build and lead a team responsible for the development, deployment and operations of a full supply chain for on-orbit propellant and associated products, services and applications.
Responsibilities will span all aspects of an integrated system architecture that achieves reliability and safety while meeting aggressive cost targets.
• Hire and motivate the engineering team.
• In early phases, hands-on with a small team, developing and delivering the early flight hardware.
• Lead system definition, system integration, and component level design and verification.
• Build, influence, and deploy large initiatives, from ground-up.
• Lead and ensure engineering product development processes are followed, measured and properly represented to the engineering team.
• Evaluating and selecting from available and emerging technologies from global suppliers.
• Manage technical and programmatic risks in a timely-fashion.
• Define and implement a technology roadmap and product strategy.
• Define and implement an IP strategy to secure a competitive advantage.
• Support business development and activities through presenting the company’s products and cultivate relationships with technical buyers.
• Support the CEO in investor relations, presenting the company’s products and plans.
• Any other tasks as needed to support operations of an early-stage startup company.